ID:          36280
 Updated by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By: dekelb at gmail dot com
 Bug Type:    Documentation problem
 PHP Version: 4.4.2
 New Comment:

This bug has been fixed in the documentation's XML sources. Since the
online and downloadable versions of the documentation need some time
to get updated, we would like to ask you to be a bit patient.

Thank you for the report, and for helping us make our documentation
better.

[2006-02-04 12:46:11] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yes, characters that are not in a-zA-Z not supported.
Reclassified as docu problem.

[2006-02-04 05:31:20] dekelb at gmail dot com

------------
I've search for similar bug, but nothing found. If I missed it please
ignore this post :)
The manual mentioned the character increment, but there is no reference
for English characters only.
When I'm trying character increment on Hebrew chars (and I guess with
any non-english chars it will be the same) – the output of the script
is just the same as the original char:
<?
$a = "à"
echo ++$a;
?>
The expected result is the following char (which is "á"), but the
result is the same char. Notice that ++ on "à9" results with 9 changes
to 0, but the Hebrew char isn't incremented.
(The encoding I used for this post is windows-1255/iso-8859-8-i).

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=36280&edit=1