ID:               38172
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      magicaltux at gmail dot com
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Irrelevant
 PHP Version:      Irrelevant
 New Comment:

This bug has been fixed in the documentation's XML sources. Since the
online and downloadable versions of the documentation need some time
to get updated, we would like to ask you to be a bit patient.

Thank you for the report, and for helping us make our documentation
better.

[2006-07-21 11:32:49] magicaltux at gmail dot com

------------
On page :
http://php.net/manual/fr/function.stream-socket-server.php

The documentation says :
Note : La plupart des systèmes ont besoin d'un accès administrateur
pour ouvrir une socket au-delà des ports 1024.

Which would be translated as :
Note: Most systems require administrator access to open a socket over
ports 1024.

Which is obviously wrong. On UNIX system, only privileged users can
open a socket on ports below 1024. The right text for french version
would be :

Note : La plupart des systèmes ont besoin d'un accès administrateur
pour ouvrir une socket sur les ports en dessous de 1024.

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=38172&edit=1