ID:               34789
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: irrlevant
 PHP Version:      Irrelevant
 New Comment:

(sorry for double post)
about your first question, if you feel unconfortable with commiting the
patch, just ask one of us in the IRC to review it or post a link here
and we'll review and commit it.

[2006-07-23 18:18:30] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I think a good place is the appendix. And link it from the oop5 page.

[2006-07-21 08:38:14] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

OK, I think I have phpdoc karma. However I do not have a way to test
changes, nor experience with phpdoc (though I am sure I will be able to
figure out the xml syntax). I would however like to add the updated
document. How should I best go about doing this? Where should I add the
document?

[2005-11-25 13:01:55] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have begun writing a guide over here:
http://oss.backendmedia.com/UserlandNamingGuide

[2005-11-25 09:57:37] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

actually we probably need to say that anything that goes into the
global namespace needs to be prefixed by a fairly random (hopefully
unique within the php community) 3-4 letter prefix or breakage is to be
expected ..

see the recent issues with the File and Date objects

[2005-10-13 11:49:53] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In language/oop.xml is already mentioned this:

"PHP reserves all function names starting with __ as magical. It is
recommended that you do not use function names with __ in PHP unless
you want some documented magic functionality."

    http://bugs.php.net/34789

--
Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=34789&edit=1