ID:               39618
 User updated by:  randy at rcs-comp dot com
 Reported By:      randy at rcs-comp dot com
-Bug Type:         PDO related
+Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Windows XP
 PHP Version:      5.2.0
 New Comment:

I have contacted another PHP developer and they agreed with you Tony.
My apologies for stringing this out so long and taking up your time.

[2006-11-30 13:07:31] randy at rcs-comp dot com

I will not leave this bug report alone until you address the fact that
the SQLite 2 driver itself is inconsistent in the way it returns row
counts.  Please see my last post.

[2006-11-30 09:35:29] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The only thing we can do about *SQLite* inconsistencies and problems is
DOCUMENT THEM.
Please do not touch the report anymore, if you don't have a patch
yourself and not going to do anything about it anyway.
Thank you.

[2006-11-28 14:56:16] randy at rcs-comp dot com

Then please address the inconstancy in the driver itself.  I will
repost for ease of reference:

Notice that the bug only appears after a prepared statement is
requested.  This means the driver itself is inconsistent in what it
returns.  If this is not a bug, then under "Actual Results" I should
have:

>php simple_pdo_test3.php
rows updated w/ exec() (some): 2 2
rows updated w/ exec() (all): 3 3 //<-- if truly not a bug, then this
should say "3 5"
statement preped and all records retrieved
rows updated w/ exec() (some): 2 2
rows updated w/ exec() (all): 3 5
rows updated w/ exec() (some): 2 7
rows updated w/ prep & execute() (all): 3 3

[2006-11-28 14:52:43] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>It may be true that SQLite works this way, but if that is
>the case, then PHP should work around this for the SQLite2
>driver so that the PDO interface is consistant.

.. or document it.
Please let developers to decide what to do with such kind of problems.

[2006-11-28 14:44:50] randy at rcs-comp dot com

"Since this is the way SQLite works, we can't fix it in PHP and this
should be documented."

It may be true that SQLite works this way, but if that is the case,
then PHP should work around this for the SQLite2 driver so that the PDO
interface is consistant.  The PHP developer should not have to be
concerned with driver specific details like this.

    http://bugs.php.net/39618

--
Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=39618&edit=1