ID:               41096
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      mistknight at gmail dot com
-Bug Type:         SimpleXML related
+Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: kubuntu 6.10 edgy
 PHP Version:      5.2.1
-Assigned To:
+Assigned To:      bjori
 New Comment:

This bug has been fixed in CVS.

Snapshots of the sources are packaged every three hours; this change
will be in the next snapshot. You can grab the snapshot at
http://snaps.php.net/.

Thank you for the report, and for helping us make PHP better.

[2007-04-16 10:14:26] mistknight at gmail dot com

Sorry for that. But I've searched the documentation top to bottom
without finding any notes about having this added in 5.2 and later.

I'm beginning to worry I'm searching in outdated documentation or
something. May I trouble you further with pointing me to the
documentation? My apologies again for wasting your time.

[2007-04-16 06:31:42] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you for taking the time to write to us, but this is not
a bug. Please double-check the documentation available at
http://www.php.net/manual/ and the instructions on how to report
a bug at http://bugs.php.net/how-to-report.php

The second parameter is available since 5.2.0. So if itis not existing,
you must be using 5.0.* or 5.1.*.

[2007-04-16 03:54:56] mistknight at gmail dot com

------------
I'm using PHP 5.2.0 and I'm getting this warning:

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::children() expects at most 1 parameter, 2
given

on this line of code:

$content = (array)$news->children('content',TRUE);

The problem seems like it's transient sometimes appearing and sometimes
not :-( I downloaded PHP 5.2.1 and it's not happening but I can't really
be sure weather it's solved or not. Especially since i can't find any
mention of it in the bug tracking system!

I can always suppress the warning and everything would work fine. But
it just doesn't seem right to me. Hope someone can shed some light on
this.

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=41096&edit=1