ID:               41182
 User updated by:  uttam at hotpop dot com
 Reported By:      uttam at hotpop dot com
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Irrelavant
 PHP Version:      Irrelevant
 New Comment:

Yes, I think a similar grouping scheme would be useful. However, the
line spacing was too much on the page
http://in.php.net/manual/en/extensions.php, due to which you have to
scroll a lot.

We can continue listing the functions in the Function Index. But let me
clarify, I have not referred to the Function Index in my earlier post. I
have refered to the section "Function Reference" in Table of Contents on
page http://www.php.net/manual/en/.

[2007-04-25 05:12:32] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Do you feel it would be useful to have categories like the following:

  http://php.net/manual/extensions

But for the Function Index list the functions too?

[2007-04-25 05:05:18] uttam at hotpop dot com

------------
Hi,

The list of functions under section "Function Reference" in PHP Manual
(http://www.php.net/manual/en/) has grown too long. The list is sorted
alphabetically, due to which many similar categories appear at very
different place in TOC. Here are a few examples"

1. ".NET Fuctions" and "COM and .NET Functions"
2. "ClibPDF Fucntions", "Haru PDF Functions", and "PDF Functions"
3. "DOM XML Functions", "libXML Functions", and "SimpleXML Functions"
4. "String Functions" and "Multibyte String Functions"
5. "Image Functions" and "Exif Functions"

I think we should group the functions categories under different
sections such as "Database", "Mail","Imaging" etc. This would make it
easier to browse or search for a particular function. The word
"Functions" can also be omitted from each category because it is
obvious.

If creating sections is not feasible, we can atleast rename the
categories so that similar functions appear togather. For example the
cateogry "Multibye String Fuctions" can be renamed to "String Functions
- Multibye" so that it appears togather with the category "String
Fuctions" in TOC.

Thanks & Regards,

Uttam Shukla
Bangalore, India