Hi documentation team,

I'm interested in helping with the documentation effort. Initially (with your approval) I'd like to start helping to manage the notes, to get a feel for the environment and how the system works for a few months. Following on from that I can see myself being in a position to contribute meaningfully to the manual proper.

I'm a developer based in Auckland, New Zealand where I've been working with PHP commercially since 1998. I founded and facilitate the NZ PHP Users Group (an active community of over 450 local developers), and regularly lecture on PHP (promoting secure programming practices) at tertiary institutes here in Auckland.

I'm also interested in making contact with other PHP advocates around the world, and in particular in the Asia Pacific region. Please feel free to contact me through my blog or by email (both details below).

I look forward to your response.

James McGlinn
Zend Certified Engineer (PHP4, PHP5)
PHP Consultant