On Nov 19, 2007 1:49 AM, Fernando Correa da Conceição
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The new build system which let the person see what is changed, without
> the wait of some hours to build the manual(current I take more than two
> hours to build) will make more simple. But it need some more simple docs
> for it! Sometime ago I got it from cvs and I do not know how to use it.

Its very simple (as of PhD-0.2.0 at least).

`phd -d/path/to/phpdoc/.manual.xml`

We still need an webpage for the system, until we get one there is a
wiki page: http://doc.php.net/wiki/phd

> Another thing if possible is a server to build the docs one or more
> onces by day(too much?), but one once by day is good. If you can see you
> work on internet soon after you did it, you will like and try to do
> more. No need to wait months. Example: the portuguese in www.php.net is

http://docs.php.net/download-docs.php?sizes=1
All those 17 translations are built 4 times a day :)

> > 1. Designate the deadest of the dead as INACTIVE_LANGUAGES via phpweb.
> > ~18 of them. This means they won't show up via the select box at
> > php.net, nor be selectable via my.php.
>
> We could make a rule for this kind: by example, if a file is outdated by
> some time, like 3 months, it is replaced by en, and we can make a rule
> for the minimum number of translated file that a translation can be,
> when it is bellow this number, it is not show any more.

I think we have to much magic already, adding more magic is dangerous.

-Hannes