Hi,

Simion Onea wrote:
From: Hannes Magnusson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] The problem is we have no way to distinguish "important updates" and "no-need-to-retranslate typo fix". One revision to old could be just as outdated (if not more) than 10revision to old.

Well, I don't consider it a major problem.
If a file is changed, the translator should check the differences (they are
shown very nicely by the "ViewVC") and decide whether the translation needs
changes or just "EN-Revision" must be updated.
That's one of the translator's tasks.
I understand that when a translator has thousands of files under his
control, this task can become time consuming.
On the other hand, as you said earlier, the files are not changed so often.
And if the translator performs this task daily, he/she will have to check
10-15 files, or so. This is not very cumbersome, in my opinion.

First, I'm with Hannes - magic behind disabling anything is dangerous.

Second, I know about the problem a translator normally has: There is not enough time for updating and new translation of anything. So the update cycles are one time in a month or so because noone is payed for doing this. Or, more dramatically, in most cases the translators have a job, lots of free projects and sometimes a real life. So they don't look up daily for translation updates much less they update their files daily.

I love the idea that everybody would do that work all day long but thats not real. So we have to keep in mind translation updates needs some time.

Regards
Carola 'Sammy' Kummert