On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Etienne Kneuss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> by documenting some SPL classes, and I've got a few suggestions/points
> I'd like to discuss
>
> - Automatically group methods per interfaces etc..

Sounds good.

> - Should we also display interfaces that child classes implements even if
>  they're intdirectly implemented by their parent class?
>
> basically, if
>  class A implements Plop {}
> should we document B like:
>  class B extends A implements Plop {}

I think we should do however php --rc classname would display it...

> - Highlight abstract classes/methods (avoid duplication of methods
>  implemented+abstract?)

Coloring abstract methods maybe differently?

> Other than whitespaces missing between the type and the abstract modifier,
> I believe the fact that one class is abstract should be strongly highlighted.

You mean something more than "abstract class foo {" in the synopsis?

> - Add links on the extends + implements along with links to <classname>
>  (i.e spl.data structures)

Yeah, there is already a bug report about that :|

> Currently, the OO docs, and especially the inheritance branch is hard
> to traverse, adding that kind of links would make it easier.

In the case of SPL, we could steal the doxygen generated inheritance
images to begin with...

> Additionally we could wonder how and whether we should document
> build-in interfaces linked with object handlers.
> That way we could rapidly provide basic documentation for every
> function implemented in those interfaces.

When I markedup the Exception classes I had planned to document the
built-in (ZendEngine2/) interfaces exactly for that purpose. Never got
around to do it though :(

A sibling to http://php.net/reserved.exceptions for interfaces would
be really cool.

The annoying problem with classes/extensions without methods/functions
still exists too :(

-Hannes