> I can't seem to find information on how to make complete XML files of > the reference docs. The en/reference/*/functions/*.xml files are not > actually valid XML, as they don't have a DOCTYPE and don't define all
> the custom XML entities they use.
>
> How do I transform these sources into complete, valid XML documents?

Use configure.php. An outstanding project is to make all of PHP's
documentation sources standalone valid XML files, but for now, you'll
need to glom them all together.

It seems really an interesting project for making all of them standalone valid XML files.Where should we start it and what benefits It will have for phpdoc?

This topic was recently discussed but I'm not sure where we're at on it.

  A PHPDoc DTD: Making subfiles validate:
    http://markmail.org/message/fhn4onp6akaw5ltc

Regards,
Philip