On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 23:18, Derick Rethans<der...@php.net> wrote:
> [...]

The PDF version of the manual is 11mb. I can send you a copy if you want.
Furthermore, we do provide various formats of the manual so you can
download it however you'd like, see: http://php.net/download-docs.php

For the record, these PDFs will be available to download in the near
future, but until then you can build them yourself quite easily - all
you need is PHP5.2 and then run the following commands:

$ pecl install haru
$ pear channel-discover doc.php.net
$ pear install doc.php.net/phd-beta
$ cvs -d:pserver:cvsr...@cvs.php.net/repository login
(the password is "phpfi")
$ cvs -d:pserver:cvsr...@cvs.php.net/repository co phpdoc
$ cd phpdoc
$ php configure.php
$ phd -f pdf -t phppdf -d .manual.xml

Now open the newly created "pdf" folder :)

If you'd like a big fat one PDF file then use "phpbigpdf" rather then "phppdf"

-Hannes