Philip Olson wrote:

On Oct 11, 2009, at 6:04 AM, Mark Wiesemann wrote:

Hannes Magnusson wrote:
On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 00:35, Mark Wiesemann <wiesem...@php.net> wrote:
when trying to use the short URL for oci_error(), e.g. calling
php.net/oci_error, I get redirected to the ocierror() page because
manual_lookup.inc replaces underscores by hyphens, and in a later step
removes all hypens.

That sounds like a bug.
I thought we did a lookup with the hyphen and if that failed then
maybe try removing it..

Okay, there is now a bug report:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=49836

We should entertain the idea of removing all of these old oci aliases from the docs (it adds clutter) but first document the process of preserving links. The 404 handler is okay but not perfect, does anyone have ideas for how to preserve old ids somewhere? Maybe not needed for simple aliases but sometimes we do major changes. I know we've talked about a BC friendly page where many old IDs might live (and likely link to other places, and/or contain a short description of the change) but I forget the details and it was ever implemented. Ideas?

Regards,
Philip

The old aliases get far too much use in real world code so it would be
useful to keep their names on their respective replacement pages.  There
are a couple of names that don't have a 1-to-1 correspondance.  Can we
maybe just have one page with all old names? Maybe a "migration" page
specific to OCI8?

Chris

--
Blog: http://blogs.oracle.com/opal