2009/10/27 Moacir de Oliveira <moacirdeoliveira....@gmail.com>:
> Hey guys,
>
> Here are the milestones for the next release of PhD (1.0.0).
>
> - tocfeed for php
> - Geshi renders (Already Implemented)
> - Fix the HowTo format (only some tags missing now)
> - Implement the TODO in the IDE Package

Before we can mark 1.0.0 as stable we have to focus on the internal
API so "random people" can start writing packages that simply work.
Additional features/formats such as tocfeed and howto package isn't as
important.
After the 1.0.0 release we _cannot_ break the "internal API" unless
bumping the minor version.

I have couple of things on my todo list:
- Profiling
- Per-package getopt options

I already started the profiling, but unfortunately I only had
callgrind around so the results were.. nearly useless :)
I'll have another look at it after the weekend, unsure when I have the
time to look at the getopt stuff again.

Since the haru issue seems to show up from time to time (because
people install PhD with -f), I wonder if we should simply check for it
in the autoloader and throw a clear exception message.
Also, I'm not entirely sure anymore if rendering all the supported
formats (when none are specified) is A Good Thing.
Maybe we shouldn't default on any format and make the user explicitly
mention which formats to render..

And another thing, we need some way to allow packages to specify their
own custom indexer..
Not all projects have the same indexing rules as we do, especially
when it comes to chunking.

-Hannes