Yago,
Since most of these guys seem to get SVN accounts you should allow
them to make the commits themselfs.

The only reason to have an SVN account is to be able to commit "yourself".
If they only want to translate couple of files then they don't need
SVN account. Then they can send the files to the mailinglist and you
guys commit it for the individual.

If they want to continue translating then they can translate couple of
files, send it to the list, you verify and ask "you want to continue
to translate? If so, send in an svn account request so you can commit
these files yourself"..

-Hannes