Quoting Daniel Brown <danbr...@php.net>:

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 10:47, Robert P. J. Day <rpj...@crashcourse.ca> wrote:

 first part was cut and paste error, argh.  and, yes, i embarrassed myself
as i was ssh'ed into the wrong test box which didn't even have the PHP
package installed.  and that, people, is the danger of drinking decaf.
 never forget it.

    Incidentally, the closing remarks regarding decaf caused me to
spit a mouthful of regular coffee onto my keyboard as I laughed (and
subsequently choked a bit).  Alas, the true definition of irony.

hmmmmmmm ... apparently, it's not as simple as i thought. i'm on a test, fresh install of fedora 13 beta, i've installed apache 2 and started it, i've done a

  # yum install php

and i can see:

# rpm -qa "*php*"
php-5.3.2-1.fc13.x86_64
php-cli-5.3.2-1.fc13.x86_64
php-common-5.3.2-1.fc13.x86_64
#

i created /var/www/html/phpinfo.php which, unsurprisingly, simply runs phpinfo(), i've checked that there is a /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf file, i've verified that there is a shared object /usr/lib64/httpd/modules/libphp5.so ... and yet, when i browse to localhost's phpinfo.php, i see only (verbatim):

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

"httpd -M" verifies that, yes, php5_module is loaded. so, again, what have i done stupidly? and even if it's a trivial solution, i'm going to verify that a fresh install of fedora 13 with both httpd and php doesn't support php, which is just weird.

rday

p.s. at this point, this clearly belongs on the main php list but, since i started it here, i might as well finish it here.