On Aug 5, 2010, at 1:25 AM, Derick Rethans wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Aug 2010, Hannes Magnusson wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 22:59, Kristina Chodorow <krist...@php.net> wrote:
>>> kristina                                 Wed, 04 Aug 2010 20:59:18 +0000
>>>
>>> Revision: http://svn.php.net/viewvc?view=revision&revision=301862
>>>
>>> Log:
>>> mongo extension is now maintained on github
>>
>> Hmh. There is one quite large consequence of not maintaining the
>> extension in PECL: The docs.
>> http://php.net/manual only documents things that is within our SVN and
>> control.
>> That effectively means; if you don't want the ext in PECL anymore, the
>> docs will have to be removed too.
>
> The extension however was never maintained in PECL in the first
> place, but always on github. It was always a code dump that sadly wasn't
> kept up to date. I'd also rather see the extension maintained in PECL
> though, as that's where it IMO belongs.

Not sure where it belongs (as this is up to the developers) but this issue is
showing up elsewhere too, like the memcached extension is now maintained at
Github. I think there are others too. But if something is listed at
pecl.php.net then it's a PECL extension, right? In which case, listing it
within the PHP Manual is fine. So I think the question is more "Is it a PECL
extension?" versus "Where is the source code hosted?" although this can easily
be debated.

Regards,
Philip