On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 02:11, Cavid Yagubali <cavid_yagub...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi there..I want to translate PHP into Azerbaijani. I'm a facebook and
> mozilla translator now and we have some more translating projects, therefore
> I think I deserve the status of PHP translator.

    Deserve?  Should we first bow and worship you, or just give you
full access to everything because you sent this email?

    First of all, it's highly doubtful that you can undertake this
project without several active translators --- indeed, it's a project
too large and too involved for an individual.  Secondly, we never just
give someone the 'status' because they demand and believe they deserve
it.  There's a process in place that has existed for quite some time:
submit patches, get them accepted and applied, apply for an account,
wait for acceptance, get started with translating the official
documentation.

    That said, there's no reason you can't translate and operate your
own unofficial version of the documentation, provided it abides by the
license requirements[1].

        ^1: http://php.net/license/index.php#doc-lic

--
</Daniel P. Brown>