On 2 August 2011 07:12, Simion Onea <simio...@gmail.com> wrote:
> În data de 1 august 2011, 19:16, Richard Quadling <rquadl...@php.net> a scris:
>> rquadling                                Mon, 01 Aug 2011 16:16:15 +0000
>>
>> Revision: http://svn.php.net/viewvc?view=revision&revision=314062
>>
>> Log:
>> htmlentity => utf-8
>>
>> Changed paths:
>>    U   phpdoc/ro/trunk/appendices/about.xml
>>    U   phpdoc/ro/trunk/appendices/comparisons.xml
>>    U   phpdoc/ro/trunk/appendices/configure/servers.xml
>>    U   phpdoc/ro/trunk/appendices/history.xml
>>    U   phpdoc/ro/trunk/appendices/migration51.xml
>>    U   phpdoc/ro/trunk/appendices/migration52.xml
>
> Greetings!
>
> Thank you for your intervention, Richard!
>
> Regards,
> Simion.

That's OK.

I like to take a holistic approach to things. There are certain things
that I know I can change without altering the translated text.

I'm not a subscriber to the translation mailing lists - I only speak
English - so, hopefully the translators are also in this list.

I've still got some failures in other translations. Some of these are
due to the HTML Entity being used in files which are NOT UTF-8, so
putting a UTF-8 character in them will produce garbage.

And if I convert the encoding from whatever codepage to UTF-8, I can't
guarantee that the conversion is accurate across the entire manual as
I only speak English.

At the moment, I'm getting failures for :

Spanish (es - looks like a markup issue)
Persian Farsi (fa - missing IDs from new content)
Polish (pl - html entity in a non UTF-8 encoded file)
Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR - html entity in a non UTF-8 encoded file)
Turkish (tr - missing IDs from new content).

Richard.
--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend : PHPDoc