There are already another extensions not available via php.net documented in the PHP Manual (sqlsrv and pdo_sqlsrv). So I didn't know that it is a requirement. I'm sorry for the guerilla approach but I really didn't suppose that it will be a problem.

Suhosin is still very relevant today because it is a part of PHP package in some Linux distributions. And people are asking questions like:

"Why can't I redeclare sha256() if there is no such function documented on php.net and I use the default PHP package?"

"Why can't I increase memory_limit in my script?"

"Why can't I process forms with more than 200 fields?"

I believe that there should be at least something in the PHP Manual to help people finding answers for such questions.

Jakub Vrána