Question #40604 on phpns changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/phpns/+question/40604

blank_file proposed the following answer:
I get this problem as well. I'm pretty new with php and mysql, so don't
know where to find a log. I have tried to go directly to install, but
doesnt help. I'm using 2.2.3_b1 of Phpns.

This is the error message:

- Internal Server Error
-
- The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
to complete your request.
-
- Please contact the server administrator, webmas...@k******.com and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
have caused the error.
-
- More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
- Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) PHP/5.2.6 Server at www.k*******.com Port 80

And the content of the htaccess is:
# phpns automatically blocks directory listing (tested on Apache, that's it...)
Options -Indexes

I would really love to get Phpns to working, as it seems just the right tool
for my website :)

Phpns-team, which is an answer contact for phpns.