I agree 100% with Kornel

As a sidenote: I you are using Apache and would like to restrict access to template sources altogether, simple drop an .htaccess file with the following content in the template source directory:

   Deny From All

You probably know this anyways, but I'm just sharing this common principle for restriciting public access on a per-directory basis, especially for things containing sensitive stuff (like configuration files with database connection params). This, off course, only works if the server is set up to allow .htaccess overrides for the given virtual host / document root / directory / whatever.

Have fun,
Werner