On 04/14/11 08:42, Robert Goldsmith wrote:

>> I am pretty new PHPTAL, and Zend Framework, but was happy to run accross
>> ZTal.  How do you get ZTal to use hyphenated view names (e.g.
>> product-description.xhtml) instead of the CamelCasing it currently does?
> Ztal doesn't use hyphenated view names. Honestly, I really don't understand
> why Zend Framework does when it is so very strict with camelCase naming
> elsewhere. However, along with the different extension, the use of camelCase
> specifically highlights the templates as being not ZF view php files and
> allows both Ztal/PHPTAL templates and ZF view php files to co-exist in the
> same view folder structure. This is especially useful during migration as you
> can simply turn Ztal on and off and compare output etc.

I believe the change came in ZendFramework 1.5, they use to allow
camelCase script names, you can still use a filter to get it.  Funny
enough, I ended up changing View.php to allow me to turn on and off
Ztal's naming conventions via the application.ini file.  Now that I am
thinking about it, perhaps the naming convention should have been
handled using the Zend_Filter_inflector, this way, I could have
overridden it in the same manner, without having to edit Ztal's code at
all.

> Regarding a repository of useful tales, I'd be keen to see a (maybe optional)
> download from the PHPTAL site with a collection of well written common tales
> both to help developers writing their own and to provide a lot of convenient
> functionality. The lack of some basic abilities will, I'm sure, be putting
> people off of PHPTAL unnecessarily :(

I would love to have somewhere, I could go and see if someone already
created one.  I remember someone doing a toHTML, and a nl2br in the
mailing list.