On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 11:22:54 +0100, aaatoja <aaat...@o2.pl> wrote:

When creating typical web page we all use #ids, and something like:

layout.html>
metal:define-macro="html"
  metal:define-slot="content"

index.html>
metal:use-macro="../layout.html/html
  metal:fill-slot="content"

And most probably content will be <div id="content">. So maybe just to make our work easier PHPTAL should also fill directly element with defined ids?
layout.html>
metal:define-macro="html"

index.html>
metal:use-macro="../layout.html/html

What do You think?

This looks like XUL overlays, which I think are a very nice idea.

However, I don't think this fits the TAL way of working: explicit namespaced attributes and no "magic" happening with other attributes. I'm also worried that addition of such feature could break existing templates.

Hopefully, this isn't too hard to implement with prefilters, so you can have this feature for your templates, if you wish.

--
regards, Kornel Lesiński