On the "Convert DocBook to Markdown" item, there seems to be at least a
handful of tools that can convert from HTML to Markdown.  I'll see about
putting aside some time to play with a few to figure out if there is a
"better" or "best" option among them and, seeing if there is something that
can go directly from DocBook to Markdown without the extra step.

Are there any additional requirements, beyond just being able to convert?
Is this going to be a one time thing?  (I assume 'yes')  Does it need to be
scriptable? (again, I assume 'yes')

Darrell Hamilton,
Software Developer,
4over, Inc