Robert wrote:

> I am in the process of developing an application to view and
> eventually edit autocad DXF files.
>
> A first version has been posted on my web site and is available for
> download along with a sample dxf file.
>
> http://nofrillsjava.com/dr/?q=node/5
>
> Any comments gratefully received.
>
> Keep up the good work. Piccolo2D is a pleasure to develop with!

Cool app, thanks for the note.  Let us know if you would like a link
on the Piccolo2D applications page

http://piccolo2d.org/applications/index.html

For exporting to PDF, I assume you are using iText's PdfGraphics2D mechanism?

  Document document = new Document(new Rectangle(150, 150));
  PdfWriter writer = PdfWriter.getInstance(document, new
FileOutputStream(filename));
  document.open();
  PdfContentByte pdfCanvas = writer.getDirectContent();
  Graphics2D g2 = pdfCanvas.createGraphics(150, 150);
  PCanvas pCanvas = ...;
  pCanvas.paint(g2);

I have an outstanding todo item regarding exporting that I need to get
around to soon

   michael