On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 04:34:09PM +0700, Henrik Sarvell wrote:
> friction as possible which I get from Ubuntu, is there another distro which
> will give me the same ease of use?

Not sure. Ubuntu is really nice, and clever usually when it comes to
hardware detection. Knoppix is an alternative, perhaps even a little bit
more oriented toward the technical user.

> Alex, didn't you compile with 4.2.3 on
> Debian only to see it crash with that one too or am I mistaken?

On my "Debian stable" machines I have 4.1.2, and I didn't try anything
else.

The version on my Ubuntu notebook says "4.2.3-2ubuntu7", and this is a
bit suspicious. Perhaps this is a home-brewed version, and thus only a
temporary problem?