Henrik, Thomas, you are right!

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 06:10:37PM +0700, Henrik Sarvell wrote:
> The pipe call in question is being made in articlesByFeed>, could
> first calling httpHead and or ht:Out be a problem?

Bingo! 'ht:Out' is the reason. When in chunked mode, it modifies the
output stream handler. This is then inherited by the forked process in
'pipe', so that any printing there will also be chunked.

I would indeed call this a bug. It causes an unexpected side effect
inside 'pipe' :-(

But how to solve it? 'ht:Out' is probably not a clean solution, it was
an afterthought to support chunked transfers, but I do not see a better
way at the moment.