Hi Randall,

> I tried to compile the 64 bit version on my macbook yesterday - no
> joy. I think I have to create the /usr/bin/picolisp and
> /usr/lib/picolisp links to the 32 bit version and then create the .s
> files.  I didn't get that far yet.

This should not be necessary. The .s files are in the release already,
so calling 'make' should only invoke the GNU assembler.

Only if you modify one of the "src64/*.l" files, you need a runnable
"bin/picolisp" (no matter if 32 or 64 bits) to re-create the *.s files.
Thus, a bootstrapping without a pre-installed PicoLisp should work.