I suppose it makes more sense the more complicated the language is, as such
it makes less sense for PL than for CL for instance.

I find it useful sometimes though, when I edit too. If I misspell something,
or guess at a function (was it chop or explode?) I will be guided from the
fact that if I'm wrong the word will stay black and not some other color.

You only need pico.js, jquery.js and chili.js, the rest is highlighting for
other languages and unnecessary stuff with regards to the wiki.