Thank you. My researched suggested that it was possible with other prolog
implementations so I wasn't sure if I was missing something simple in pilog.

I also wasn't sure if with a simple problem space I could combine something
like permute with a known range of possibilities. In the example below, I
could generate a list of the whole numbers from 1-100 for the acreage and
then have some helper functions to test for ranges. I wouldn't need to
solve for a real number.

It sounds like there are better ways to do it. I was hoping to come up with
something as nicely declarative/expressive as pilog that didn't have a
bunch of conditionals. I could probably use some dsl though. I have no
experience with pilog and was interested in an application of it.

Thanks again