Hi Thorsten,

> I forgot what the "~" is about (e.g. in ~( ... )), and could not find
> the explanation.

It is described in "doc/ref.html#macro-io". The tilde is similar to the
backquote, in that both evaluate the following expression, and put the
result into the currently read list. While the backquote inserts the
result as it is, the tilde expects that the result is a list which is
then spliced into the read list.

   : (1 2 `(chop "abc") 3 4)
   -> (1 2 ("a" "b" "c") 3 4)

   : (1 2 ~(chop "abc") 3 4)
   -> (1 2 "a" "b" "c" 3 4)

Besides this, the tilde has a special meaning when separating a namespace
and a symbol name, e.g.  myPackage~mySymbol

> And isn't "^" another meta character (with what meaning in PicoLisp)?

Not in internal symbols. In transient symbols (strings), however, it
denotes a control character. e.g. "^I" is TAB and "^M" is carriage
return . "abc^Jdef^Jghi^J" is a text of three lines.

♪♫ Alex