Hi Thorsten,
Maybe there are 2 problems, one is the directory and the other is probably
what Henrik suggested. Check your Java installation. If I remove
(temporarly) my java symlink I get the following error:

./ersatz/pil: 5: exec: java: not found
make: *** [x86-64.linux.base.s] Error 127

Issue make with '-d' to check where it is failing ... Maybe it works!

Kind Regards,
Pedro