On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 07:17:08PM +0200, jerome moliere wrote:
> Is there a guide explaining major differences between Common Lisp &

I'm afraid, not in a single place.

> PicoLisp ?  I guess, reading your answer , that there 's no just a few
> syntactic differences between the 2 dialects ...  I can read between the
> lines some philosophical major differences , right?

Very good! Indeed, you are very sensitive.

Basic philosophy differs in many regards, which I can't recapitulate
here in a few words. Key items are compilation vs. interpretation,
macros vs. fexprs, dynamic vs. static binding, data types, and - last
but not least - complexity vs. simplicity. You'll find more if you dig
deeper into what can be found online about PicoLisp.

> What are the most difficult tasks , hot topics  to be aware of when porting
> a software from CL to PicoLisp ?

I must confess that I don't know. You might get some ideas if you
compare solutions in CL and Pil on rosettacode.org. When I solved
hundreds of those tasks, I usually found it easier to look at most other
languages (C, Java, Python, AWK, Shell) than at CL to get ideas about
how to solve them :)

♪♫ Alex