Hi Mike,

> Goal: compile with minimum commands + -Wall
> Patch attached.
> 4 new words, others not required.
> compiles without warnings and pass selftests on modern Linux.

Thanks! I've tried on Linux 32-bits, and it works and runs.

Fixing the warnings is OK, but why did you remove this?

   -falign-functions=32 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing

Aligning the functions might be critical (or not, we discussed that in
another context), but omitting frame pointers is a desired feature for
optimization (and they are not needed for debugging here).

Also,

   -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

might be critical because the database depends on large files. I'm not
sure if every system has 64-bit file offsets by default.

♪♫ Alex