Hi Alex, Erik,

I definitely took the 'long way around' on this one... and got some good
exercise along the way! =)

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I get it now... although I need a
bit more practice and care in using the functions comfortably.

My initial impetus was to be able to easily, and repeatably, generate long
sequences of digits. Some with repeating patterns. Others not.
Rational and irrational numbers  are one simple way to do that.... and the
support for arbitrary size numbers in picolisp make it easy to do so.
Hence the examples with sqrt(2) and 1/[prime], etc.

Kind Regards,
/Lindsay