Hi all,

I've recently published a small Semantic Versioning library which helps for validating, sorting, and comparing version strings which somewhat adhere to Semver.org (2.0.0).

https://github.com/aw/picolisp-semver

The code in semver.l actually contains two full implementations (semver-compare) and (semver-compare-slow), which uses Perl's <=> spaceship operator.

As usual, it includes full unit tests and is liberally licensed (MIT).

I plan to add a (satisfies) function to check if a version is within a given range (ex: >= 1.2.0, < 2.0.0), but anyone is free to give it a try.

Cheers,

Alex Williams

https://aw.github.io/picolisp