On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 02:13:41PM -0800, Michel Pelletier wrote:
> Ah yeah, thanks for clarifying that.  Does this "header only" C library
> seem useful?  There's a lot of confusing stuff out there about unicode
> "width"
>
> https://github.com/joshuarubin/wcwidth9

I think it will not be very useful, as PicoLisp uses the UTF-8 representation
directly. We would need only a single function from that lib, the one returning
the print-width of a given char after converting it to wchar.

Perhaps the easiest solution for the Chinese problem would be a simple heuristic
range check, something like (and (> C SomeLimit) (prin "^H"))

♪♫ Alex