I'm not certain that is relevant but I did run into issues with pil in
termux that was corrected with the page below.  There's a newer fix on the
page linked below but I've been using termux-fix-shebang successfully for
about a year now.  I hope that this can help.

https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Termux-fix-shebang

Best,
David Bloom