Hello list,

I am a long time Emacs user, and currently a Spacemacs user as well. Spacemacs
is lacking a configuration layer for PicoLisp and I decided to go ahead and put
one together.  While doing so, I was trying to decide which version of
`picolisp-mode` to use. I've tried the packaged .el files, tj64's version, and
Alexis' version as well. I found that I liked features of both tj64 and Alexis'
version, so I decided to make a hybrid of the two.  This is little more than
copy-pasting the documentation features from Alexis' version into the base of
the tj64 version.  However, it works (with a few things to smooth out), and I
find that I now have the features I was hoping to include in the Spacemacs
layer.

https://github.com/gcentauri/hybrid-picolisp-mode
https://github.com/gcentauri/picolisp-layer

I don't want to muddy the waters further by creating yet another picolisp-mode,
but this is what I wanted to use personally, and in the interest of the
community I thought I'd share. I would be happy to make a pull-request into the
tj64 version if it is welcome, and Alexis I would be interested in helping to
improve your version as well (especially since it is the one listed on MELPA).

Would be glad to hear from Emacs users on the list, I know these threads pop up
time to time, i've been trying to catch up :) !

-grant