I've been a passive observer for a while, but now I'm really trying to grok
picolisp. So let's start with the FAQ bit about *I cannot find the LAMBDA
keyword in PicoLisp. *The example is basically syntax sugar for

((quote (X Y) (+ X Y)) 3 4)

but this can't be made to work in a Common Lisp--or can it and I'm just not
doing it right? As I understand it, you have a different sort of quote than
CL, correct? Could you explain or point me to the docs on that? Also, when
I looked up quote in the ref I see this

*(quote . any) -> any*
Returns any unevaluated....

What does the dotted cons notation mean? I know I have to lengthen my
comp-sci stride to grok picolisp, but I might be here with a lot of newbie
questions for a while. . . .

Thanks,
Lawrence Bottorff
Grand Marais, MN, USA