Hi Guido,

I would love to see some (toy?) code example about this if you have some...

Thanks in advance, best,

Eric

Le 06/05/2020 à 09:27, Guido Stepken a écrit :
You all might have heard about 'pilog' a Prolog like AI system within Picolisp, where you can define rules, describe a situation and ask for solutions. What can you do with that?

Typically, items come bundled in all kinds of packages, repair packages, addons, ...

E.g. We have 30 (all slighly different) meal packages in stock with each (banana, apple, pear), (cherry, strayberry, apple), (strawberry, banana, orange) ...

All packages having a serial number, only available as complete package, 'all or nothing' - rule.

Business, so far, went well. But now we have good customer, ordering 3 packages: (2x banana, 1 apple), (3 x strawberry), (1 orange,2 apples).

Now comes the question: What is the minimum number of precustomized packages i do have to destroy and unlist from the database and how can i repackage the rest to fit the scheme of custom packages, (re-)adding some 'new' packages (while reusing using old boxes)?

No problem for PicoLisp Pilog. You don't even have to program that. Simply give PicoLisp the rules, and let Pilog reason about it

And you even don't have to download all inventory into a Picolisp to find the perfect solution: ***Picolip Prolog is sitting in the database!!!***

I did implement that for a couple of hundred 'service points' for a huge manufacturer. Using Picolisp's built-in distributed database cluster. Now Pilog even can reason across several locations and their local inventory, saving them *incredible amounts* of money.

Of course, they had to learn howto rewrite their rules that change from day to day. Sometimes there is 'norule' day, e.g. when there is no personel available to repackage boxes. Pilog then recognizes that and does not reason across whole cluster database any longer.

Picolisp is unbeatable in logistics, far ahead of *any* competitor, for *any* money. At ZERO cost!!! This little thing is a *genius strike*!

Have fun!

Best regards, Guido Stepken