Hi Thorsten,

> But with my real wrapper functions, where ever I use J, as first or second
> arg, its interpreted as a transient symbol

So somewhere 'J' is bound to "J".

> But when I rename J to H in my real wrapper function, the problem is gone:

Right, so it is a binding issue. Think hard what values are exactly bound to
which variables at runtime. Such things happen usually only in FEXPRs or when
evaluable expressions are passed around through binding environments.

> So I think I know whats the problem here: its reading the function
> definitions from a library file vs defining the definition directly in the
> repl.
> (load "libRmath.l") seems to have a problem with the char J used for a

Is "libRmath.l" written by you?

> The easy solution is therefore to avoid J as parameter name ;-)
> But maybe I found a bug?

I don't think it is a bug. But you must take care of the implications of dynamic
binding, exwlained e.g. in:

   https://software-lab.de/doc/faq.html#problems

Such things are best fixed with transient or private symbols, or even a separate
namespace.

☺/ A!ex