FYI --

I don't know if anyone here noticed this hack from 12/18/2021:

https://justine.lol/sectorlisp2/

LISP with GC in 436 bytes

December 18th, 2021

SectorLISP (https://github.com/jart/sectorlisp) now supports garbage collection.

This is the first time that a high-level garbage collected programming language
has been optimized to fit inside the 512-byte boot sector of a floppy disk.

Since we only needed 436 bytes, that means LISP has now outdistanced FORTH ()
and BASIC ( (https://github.com/cesarblum/sectorforth
(https://github.com/nanochess/bootBASIC))) to be the tiniest programming
language in the world.

SectorLISP consists of 223 lines of assembly.

It provides a LISP system that's powerful enough to let you write your own LISP
interpreter in just 40 lines of LISP. It's compatible with all PC models dating
back to 1981 which have at least 64kb of RAM.

This isn't a toy because SectorLISP can run the proof assistant
(https://justine.lol/sectorlisp2/proof.html) that was included in LISP 1.5.

This is a follow-up to a previous announcement made in October that SectorLISP
now fits in one sector (https://justine.lol/sectorlisp/).

There's been many changes over the past few months that made it possible to
shave away another hundred bytes from the i8086 assembly implementation.

It left plenty of room to add a 40 byte [!] garbage collector.