On Thu, Oct 05, 2023 at 07:32:26AM -0700, C K Kashyap wrote:
> Any chance that we could expect a pil21 based pilos?

This would indeed be fascinating. Perhaps there is some LLVM backend to Verilog?
But PilOS is a huge task, and needs lots of drivers etc. for some target
hardware. I have no hope for the near future.

> I had not been watching pil21 for a while - I looked at it now and I really
> liked "lib.c" :)   If I understood right, then all the platform
> dependencies are in there (atleast as far as the picolisp executable)

Yes, this is correct. In that way it is possible to distribute the pre-built
*.ll files, and a running PicoLisp is no longer needed to bootstrap the build.

☺/ A!ex