On Mar 12, 2010, at 10:36 AM, hc busy wrote:

Is there any work towards something like C languages '#include' in Pig? My large pig script is actually developed separately in several smaller pig files. Individually the pig files do not run because they depend on previous scripts, but logically they are separate because each step does something
different.

Currently the only thing existing along these lines is the exec command in grunt. I don't think we're opposed to a #include functionality, we just haven't done it. However, given that Pig doesn't have function calls, and presumably each Pig Latin script is self contained, it isn't clear to me how useful it will be.

Alan.