On Saturday, August 30, 2014 03:38:23 PM Jason Ekstrand wrote:
> On Aug 30, 2014 3:23 PM, "Dylan Baker" <baker.dyla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'll need to think about it and read the code to be sure, I think that
> > using '/' in test run names may cause some strange behavior in the html
> > pages because of assumptions. There's also the windows '\\' issue to
> > think about.
>
> Yeah, just letting paths be paths is probably not the solution.  Does
> python provide a nice way to sanatize names for this sort of thing?  I'm
> not a fan of adding silly restrictions to things that are otherwise
> arbitrary strings.  Let me know what you think.
>
> If I have to, I can munge things in my shell script before passing the name
> to piglit but then they're munged in the table labels in the HTML.
> --Jason

I think we'd be better off restricting test names not to include path
separators (on windows '\' and '\\' are equally bad). It I think rather
than denying people the option we should just silently convert them into
a sane character (like _) we do this in some other places, mostly
because of windows filename character limitations.

I don't think this should be too hard, I'll mock something up.

[snip]