I tried getting your branch to build with Python 3 on Windows and was successful.

I'm quoting below the process I used for others' reference (I can update the build instructions when your series is merged.)

I also ran sanity testlist without problems.

So all looks good here.

I also like the stratergy of allowing simultaneous Python 2/3 usage via six, for a transitory period. It's hard to migrate all the code simultanouesly, and it's hard to get all stakeholders ready to transition their systems simultanouesly. Suporting Python 2/3 for sometime allows the migration to happen piece wise.

I'm thinking of taking this approach for other projects I'm involved (e.g., apitrace.)

Jose

- download 32bits python 3.5.1 from https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-351/

  - I installed mine into C:\Python35

- when installing I unticked 'associate python files' and 'add binaryies to PATH' to avoid interfering with my Python 2 installation

(Thought per https://docs.python.org/3/using/windows.html#launcher it looks like there's already a better way to control these things via the Python Windows Launcher, but I didn't want to risk it at this moment.)

- Override Path

  set Path=C:\Python35;%Path%

- Upgrade pip

  python.exe -m pip install --upgrade pip