If, on the other hand gmp is being linked into your pike binary, then there's something wrong with your gmp library and we'd need to figure out what's going on there. I think that's probably unlikely, since you tried using the home-brew version and it works fine with the home-brew compiled pike.

So, try to run otool -L on the pike binary you've built and we'll have a better idea about what's going on.

Bill

On 2024-03-09 10:27, Mike Kilmer wrote:
Thank you so much Bill. Feeling optimistic.

And pretty ignorant. When you say, `path/to/pike` I'm not sure what
you mean, in other words, which item in either

Downloaded or Cloned:

ANNOUNCE     COPYING      README       build/       lib/
refdoc/
CHANGES      COPYRIGHT    README-GIT   buildid.txt  man/         src/
COMMITTERS   Makefile     bin/         index.html   packaging/
tools/

Am I running `otool` on?

Tried /bin/pike and also looked in build and src, but still missing
something.