Hi *,

my piler (big thanks to Janos for all the development effort!)
installation seems to be working quite well, but I'm having some
difficulty with the search functions:

I'm logged in as the auditor user. When just pressing "Return" in the
search field, I get a list of all messages (showing the usual 50 of 1000
retrieved mails), with the most recent on top. As expected.

The log shows the SQL query:

Jul  4 14:53:56 hermes2 piler-webui[4202]: sphinx query: 'SELECT id FROM
main1,dailydelta1,delta1 WHERE        MATCH('') ORDER BY `sent` DESC
LIMIT 0,1000 OPTION max_matches=1000' in 0.15 s, 1000 hits, 1123715
total found


But when I enter a search string in the search window ("banned" in this
example), I get a list of 50 hits on the first page, starting in the
past (in this case 10/2016), and continuing further into the past on the
following pages. On page 10 I get a few more recent results from 2017,
the other mails are from 2015. The most recent mail is listed at
position 751.

This is the database query for every page:

Jul  4 15:08:19 hermes2 piler-webui[4166]: sphinx query: 'SELECT id FROM
main1,dailydelta1,delta1 WHERE        MATCH('@(subject,body)  banned')
ORDER BY `sent` DESC LIMIT 0,1000 OPTION max_matches=1000' in 0.01 s,
1000 hits, 3304 total found

Long story short: the sort order is not consistent when I supply a
search term.

My software versions:

piler: 1.2.0 build 952
searchd: Sphinx 2.2.9-id64-release (rel22-r5006)
mysql: Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.55, for debian-linux-gnu (i686)

Any ideas what might be going wrong?

Best regards,
Joern

Reply via email to